Key benefits to joining us:
- Show commitment to pro bono and access to justice, and to collaborating for greater impact
- Members can attend quarterly Plan meetings which allow them to
- access new pro bono opportunities which are developed collaboratively amongst members
- discuss and solve common challenges e.g. regulatory obstacles
- access benchmark data (shared confidentially, in anonymised format)
- access professional development and learning opportunities
- access useful resources via Intralinks
What does it cost?
Membership is free. All you have to do is:
- Adopt the “aspirational target” of 25 pro bono hours (average per UK lawyer, per year)
- Send someone to quarterly Plan meetings
- Submit data each year on your pro bono practice
But my firm is nowhere near the 25 hour target!
Don’t worry, our members cover a wide range from 2-100 hours average. Your hours will not be published nor made public, nor even shared with other Plan members other than in a de-identified format. It may take many years before you reach the target; what you are agreeing to is that you share our vision that all lawyers should do at least 25 pro bono hours per year.
But I don’t have a dedicated pro bono professional at my firm!
That’s okay, one of the aims of the Plan is to help firms which don’t yet have a dedicated pro bono professional navigate this area. Many firms send a partner or associate from their pro bono committee to Plan meetings.
I’m from an in house legal team – can we join?
You can join the UK In House Pro Bono Working Group!